The main application for Virosart® HF, for virus retentive filtration, are monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), antibody fragments (Fab) or small recombinant proteins (< 150 kD).
Virosart® HF is used towards the end of the purification process for viral filtration of the biopharmaceutical product.
Virus filtration works based on sizes exclusion. Small non-enveloped and large enveloped viruses are retained by the 20 nm asymmetric membrane structure.
Virus Risk Mitigation
- State of the art, robust virus removal performance
- ≥ 4 LRV for small non-enveloped viruses
- ≥ 6 LRV for large enveloped viruses
- 3x capacity increase at high flow rates and reduced flushing buffer volume deliver a cost efficient solution
- Capsule design avoids costly investments in stainless steel filtration systems and accessories
- High filter packaging density decreases cleanroom footprint
- Includes a convenient water based integrity test to ensure reliability
- Sterile shipping options help to advance bioburden risk mitigation